Happy (random) Thoughts: part 1

Yes, the election of the president of the United States is important. But if you find yourself feeling frustrated at certain aspects that are out of your control, here are a few happy thoughts to get your chin up.

  1. I bet there’s at least one little kid who thinks you’re a hero. Your niece. Granddaughter. Student. Ice cream customer. That kid you waved to at IHOP.
  2. Right now there are criminals dressing up as clowns, and that is creepy as f—. But do you remember IT? You thought clowns were evil and terrifying before it was cool.
  3. What’s the last Disney or Pixar movie you watched? Don’t forget it may have been a pirates movie or Remember the Titans. Those are damn good movies.
  4. You have complete and utter control over your education, even if it might require a hell of a lot of effort on your part.
  5. Spending ten minutes moving is proven to give you a good-feeling boost for up to two hours (I admit I don’t remember where I learned this but it’s a real thing, I promise)
  6. You did well today. You did, I know it, trust me.
  7. Yes, 10% of body heat is lost through your head. That is not because your head is special, it’s because your head is about 10% of your body. So wear a hat but cover the other 90% of your body too.
  8. You have control over greeting people or just walking by, no one can take that away from you even if they respond all grumpy-like.
  9. Studies show that little kids usually like only three ice cream flavors: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. Older kids, teens, and adults have a vast variety of favorites. The elderly folks who were polled said that they really only like three flavors nowadays: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.
  10. You can actually choose how many times you smile tomorrow. Yes, you can.
  11. No matter who is elected, you can act like a mature human being and direct conversation around bipartisan productivity. Or you can skip out and get an ice cream. Or IHOP, remember to wave at a kid. Three cheers for America!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s